Industrial Equipment Manufacturer Seeks Technical Sales Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Technical Sales Manager for a national leader in industrial equipment manufacturing. Our Client serves various industries, including fabricated metals, power generation, construction, mining, refining, and similar industries. The overall purpose for the Technical Sales Manager position will be to serve as an ambassador for the Company, developing new manufacturing opportunities by searching and finding new customers that fit the Company’s core competencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Technical Sales Manager will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Identifying current and future customers for possible manufacturing opportunities.
- Making targeted outbound cold calls on qualified sales leads in order to develop new sale opportunities.
- Presenting the Company’s manufacturing and engineering capabilities and services to current and prospective customers.
- Working with current and prospective customers to understand their manufacturing requirements and needs, and presenting this information to Company management for review and quoting.
- Developing new sales channels to increase potential manufacturing opportunities for the Company.
- Attending trade shows, as required, in order to develop contacts and sales leads.
Education & Experience Requirements
The qualified candidate for Technical Sales Manager must meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, marketing, or sales is a plus.
- 7-10+ years of technical sales experience.
- Experience working with distributors and purchasing managers.
- Technical sales experience and primary contacts in the following industries: Fabricated Metals, Power Generation, Petro Chemical, Ship Building, Construction, Refining, Railroad, Mining, or related industries.
Other Skills & Abilities
The qualified candidate must possess the following skills and abilities:
- The ability to:
- Travel 75% of the time.
- Work with and communicate technical information.
- Work with engineers and manufacturing personnel.
- Identify and understand customers’ needs and application, and to present this information in detail.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a focus on relationship building.
- A proactive, positive attitude; flexible and willing to take on new challenges.
- Goal-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficient in using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong mechanical aptitude is a plus.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.