LBM Dealer Looks to Hire Director of Component Manufacturing
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Component Manufacturing for one of the nation’s leading LBM dealers. The successful candidate will assist in managing several plant locations in the eastern part of the United States. The Director of Component Manufacturing will be responsible for building revenue by increasing sales and profits and controlling expenses, which will include evaluating, prioritizing, planning, delegating, administrating, and adapting to the business’s needs. Additional responsibilities will involve verifying consistent and accurate sales messages in each store, making sure each store is properly staffed, confirming and maintaining accurate and appropriate levels of inventory, establishing a professional relationship with each store, and maximizing profits in each sales channel including professional sales, install, and retail. The Director of Component Manufacturing must also build his or team by applying and teaching effective selling skills and techniques, networking, recruiting, assessing, and hiring the right people, as well as evaluating, developing, and promoting high performing associates. Finally, he or she must build operational excellence by communicating daily with leadership, ensuring that all material is delivered in a consistent and accurate fashion and in a timely manner, setting and maintaining operational standards, resolving issues for sales associates, and ensuring complete accuracy and fidelity in all payroll and expense related reporting. The Director of Component Manufacturing will be based at a “home store” but will spend a significant amount of time visiting all stores. As such, extensive travel is expected for this position.
- Build Revenue
- Build Talent
- Build Operational Excellence
- Oversee all Area Managers, General Managers, and sales associates within the Component manufacturing facilities
- Spreadsheet and Internet Software
- Payroll System
- Order Processing System
- Inventory Software
- Human Resources System
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.