LBM Dealer Looks to Hire Vice President of Finance & Analytics
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Vice President of Finance and Analytics in the Pittsburgh metro area. Our Client is a national LBM supplier that provides high quality building products to professional contractors and “BIY”-ers alike. Ranked as one of the Nation’s leading LBM dealers, the Company prides itself on its commitment to providing every customer with a highly individualized and positive buying experience.
The Vice President of Finance and Analytics will be responsible for developing analytics to better measure the various areas of performance throughout the organization. The position will also involve reporting, monitoring, and interpreting those analytics for the purpose of providing guidance to all members of the organization on improving ongoing operations, on evaluating relevant new areas of opportunity, and on addressing existing activities that might need to be modified or even eliminated to improve the overall profit performance of the company. The Vice President of Finance and Analytics will report to the CFO.
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Working closely with Senior Management and company leadership to provide detailed recommendations for sales and profit improvement throughout the organization through detailed analyses conducted on both a regular and an “as needed” basis.
- Using existing in-house systems to develop the analytical tools to effectively evaluate company performance across the spectrum of operations, from Supply Chain through Store Operations to the Company’s Manufacturing and Installed Sales programs.
- Initiating investigations into areas of concern or opportunity in an effort to provide leadership to those responsible for day-to-day management of the functions.
- Evaluating specific opportunities to open new facilities, expand services, acquire businesses, and/or improve processes in all areas of the Company’s involvement.
- Integrating into the corporate culture and gaining the confidence of the management team in order to establish the role as integral to the Company’s growth and success.
- Taking an active leadership role in defining new growth initiatives for the Company through market intelligence and financial projections of the potential for profitability.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or other related financial or business discipline required.
- MBA in Finance, Accounting, or related field strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the building materials business at either the manufacturing, distribution, or retail level supplying residential and commercial projects.
- Documented successes in proactively directing business improvement through internally generated analytics.
- Prior experience in a senior financial leadership role, which could include tenure as a CFO in a mid-sized corporation or as a VP Finance, VP Accounting, or VP Internal Audit at a larger sized company.
Other Skills & Abilities
- An extroverted personality type with a passion for continuous improvement who is comfortable with proactively confronting problem issues with all levels of company leadership.
- Ability to properly define objectives and communicate them in a manner that will encourage the management team to support them and the changes that may be required for profit improvement.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and Access and other database systems compatible with the Company’s existing systems.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills; attention to detail with strong follow-up and leadership skills.
- Mature listening, communication, and interpersonal skills; solid problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.