LBM Dealer Seeks Regional Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Regional Manager for a leading LBM dealer in Northern California. The Regional Manager will be engaged in multi-unit management, assisting branch managers in improving the sales and profitability of each of seven locations with a specific focus on a builder clientele.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the general health and welfare of all employees, customers and those in public contact with the company’s operational services within the established guidelines of safety processes, policies, and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that safety and regulatory related training is instituted and effective both initially and when circumstances require re-training.
- Responsible for the administration and effectiveness of the field safety program in its totality to include:
- Attending and presenting meetings, as required
- Participating in and administering pro-active measures to monitor and provide visibility of expected safety behaviors.
- Holding all personnel accountable for compliance and reasonably safe behavior through communication, training or discipline as warranted.
- Directing the budgeting process by market and assessing the subsequent execution.
- Setting actionable direction by market to achieve desired sales results and to meet continuing opportunities.
- Helping to identify proper characteristics for sales personnel and sales management, and assisting in developing skills and competencies, as needed.
- Recognizing characteristics and competencies best suited for critical positions in the field organizational structure.
- Using tools processes and common metrics to effect results and behaviors that are based on consistent expectations for critical field management and sales positions.
- Overseeing positional development in field operations responsibilities with particular foresight regarding supervision and continuing leadership to sustain regional and company growth.
- Using established factors within the budget, key performance indicators, and processes; assessing each branch or responsibility on a continuum to identify achievement and opportunity.
- Using the factors described above to be proactive in setting expectations and providing support in measurable timeframes to achieve expected operating results in all branches of responsibility.
- Taking responsibility for inventory levels of each branch in the region that meet market and sales strategy objectives, cash objectives and oversees processes for asset protection.
- Achieving the above through best business practices established by the company, audits and collaborative work with administrative resources.
Credit & Accounts Receivable
- Managing credit to achieve sales and cash management objectives by auditing the field and participating in open and active dialog with administrative finance and credit resources to include collaboration with senior leadership to find creative and mutually agreeable security that allows for sales in variable circumstances found in the distribution link of the supply chain.
- Responsible for setting a standard of maintenance and sustaining it in all branches of responsibility.
- Using personal observation and administrative audits to keep safety, risk management, asset protection/maintenance and security at expected and functioning levels.
- Conducting on-site assessments to ensure that processes designed to protect assets are in place.
- Using communication, training, and discipline models as appropriate to establish branch level ownership of assets and to ensure expected protocols are in place.
- Following up on memos, process changes, and other communications related to asset security, safety, risk management, and regulatory requirements to insure they are executed.
Communication and Compliance of Process, Policies, & Procedures
- Staying current on company processes and objectives by actively reviewing communications and ensuring that messages are decoded at proper levels in the field.
- Actively seeking collaboration with administrative resources to understand and support objectives.
- Serving as a consistent and effective communicator in written and verbal medium.
- Understanding how to use the company values in a dynamic work place with variable circumstances and using these parameters to guide behavior fairly and consistently.
- Setting an example of leadership through consistent interaction with branch managers and field supervision.
- Setting an example of time management and consistency by following an agenda and using well established metrics and competencies as a guide.
- Accepting and directing accountability by focusing on goals and objectives, and administering a measured path to achieve them.
- Reacting fairly and consistently with direct communication for the achievement of goals and in circumstances where the branch or individual falls short.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s Degree from a two-year college or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of finance, economics, accounting, personnel, and sales.
- 2+ years’ sales or other related management experience, plus minimum of 3 years of multi-branch supervisory/management experience or equivalent.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external sources.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Knowledge of software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.