Leading Building Products Manufacturer Looks to Hire Regional Direct Sales Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Regional Direct Sales Manager for a leading manufacturer and distributor of building products in the Midwest. In particular, our Client has built a legacy over the years for manufacturing high quality exterior building products such as decking, siding, and windows.
The Regional Direct Sales Manager (RDSM) will be responsible for maintaining profitable sales of multiple brands of our Client’s windows and siding products to independent distribution, national accounts, and direct window dealers within a defined territory. The RDSM will also be responsible for increasing market penetration and market share in the territory, building and managing customer relationships, and enhancing the customer experience by providing exceptional service and support. The RDSM will be tasked with contributing to the overall development, strength, and performance of the Direct Sales team.
- Meeting/exceeding company expectations for profitable growth in sales and gains in market share.
- Delivering a high quality of work regarding territory and customer relationship management, ensuring sufficient contact to continually strengthen the supplier-customer relationship.
- Delivering exceptional service to and support of existing customers by providing product feature/ benefit training, competitor product training, marketing support, technical and installation support, promotional incentives, and timely resolution of customer concerns/ problems.
- Developing and maintaining expertise in competitive pricing in the market, and ensuring that all customers in the territory are competitively priced for similar products.
Essential Duties & Tasks
- Serving each customer in the Midwest Region of the U.S. with integrity (states of OH, MI, WV, KY, TN, NC, and parts of Western PA and Western VA).
- Utilizing technology to effectively communicate with the customers in the territory and to ensure sufficient customer contact.
- Pursuing new business and reporting progress to Regional VP Direct Sales on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrating excellence in delivering effective visual and verbal presentations.
- Maintaining detailed customer data files, including updated program agreements and pricing.
- Submitting weekly report of sales growth progress in the territory to Regional VP Direct Sales.
- Continually striving to achieve a higher percentage of the customers’ overall spend in product categories manufactured and supplied by the company.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal company support groups including Marketing, Customer Service/Warranty, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Serving as a contributing and supportive member of the Direct Sales Team.
- Maintaining strong relationships with national account sales management.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; MBA highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful sales performance in the building materials industry; successful track record in the wholesale sales of vinyl windows and siding preferred.
- Strong knowledge of both residential commercial building markets and buyers.
- Demonstrated sales ability in closing prospective accounts and developing new business.
- Demonstrated proficiency and success in building a sales territory.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing to travel up to 70% of the week.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.