Leading Home Improvement Company Seeks General Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a General Manager for a leading provider of entry door and garage systems in the greater New York City area. Our Client specializes in using technology, professional processes, and expertise for its services and systems to help customers enhance the beauty, value, and accessibility of their homes.
Our Client is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, senior leader with a passion for building and managing a team that will catapult the organization to the next level. Reporting to the President, the General Manager will be tasked with managing the day-to-day operations and driving the Company’s expansion strategy, such as achieving revenue and EBITDA growth targets. Additionally, he or she will be responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, which includes the continued development of the Company’s financial and operating strategy, metrics tied to strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to grow company assets and report accurate financial results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Formulate and execute the Company’s future direction, thus supporting tactical initiatives.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic growth plans.
- Develop financial and operating strategies.
- Manage capital allocation and budgeting processes.
- Manage and achieve KPI targets.
- Operations & Management
- Monitor and evaluate performance and personal development of the team.
- Streamline/improve processes to drive more efficient work flow & time-management.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Oversee the company’s accounting, human resources, legal, tax etc.
- Monitor costs, equipment, manpower, and materials.
- Financial Information Reporting
- Issue timely and complete financial statements, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analyses.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Risk Management
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration; preference will be given to candidates with an MBA and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a company in a residential construction services related industry (HVAC, residential construction contractor, or subcontractor, electrical, roofing, etc…) or a division of a corporation.
- Ability to research, amass, synthesize and communicate large quantities of information.
- Experience prioritizing strategic initiatives and investments.
- 10+ year project management experience for senior level operations initiatives including develop scope, execute, implement & successfully bring to conclusion.
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel & PPT.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with financial turnaround, mergers and/or acquisitions a plus.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.