Lumber Supplier Looks to Hire General Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a General Manager of a lumber supply company located in Hawaii. Reporting to the President of the Company’s parent organization, the General Manager will be actively engaged in leadership and management of the branch. In this role, the General Manager will be accountable for the branch’s business results, including sales, profit margins, inventory, expenses and profitability. The successful candidate will be a strong sales leader with expertise in developing and maintaining internal and external customer relationships.
For more information, please contact Tom Masson at (704) 535-9939 or Tom@schafferassociates.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Plans, develops, and implements organization objectives.
- Coordinates activities of division or departments such as operating, manufacturing, engineering, planning, sales, maintenance, or research and development to effect operational efficiency and economy.
- Directs and coordinates promotion of products sold, or services performed to develop new markets, increase share of markets and obtain competitive positions in the industry.
- Analyzes branch budget requests to identify areas in which modifications can be made, to assure results in accordance with the approved budget.
- Confers with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operation required to achieve objectives.
- Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
- Promotes organization in industry, manufacturing or trade associations.
- Develops location business plan including a sales forecast.
- Ensures service levels meet or exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Develops, maintains, and improves customer, vendor, and employee relationships.
- Efficiently uses all assets including materials, machines, equipment, and people.
- Controls cost and determines future capital requirements of the business.
- Ensures workplace safety and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintains high ethical standard in all business dealings.
- Reviews information to determine employee performance and areas for improvement.
- Implements and complies with required company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related field, or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- 4-10+ years of experience in related field preferred.
- Experience in dealing with national builders strongly preferred.
- Experience in managerial assignments with P&L Accountability for sales and/or operations with annual revenues of at least $20-$25MM in the millwork and building material industry is required.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven track record of creating, mentoring, and managing an outside sales force.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customer or member of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.