Maintenance Manager Needed for Building Products Manufacturer
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Maintenance Manager for a building materials manufacturer in the Richmond, VA area. Our Client has been a leader in the building materials industry for over 150 years, and is known for building quality home products with an emphasis on doors to serve a variety of home styles, needs, and décor.
The Maintenance Manager will oversee all aspects of the installation, repair and upkeep of the company’s equipment and the facility at our Client’s manufacturing plant in the Richmond, VA area. This role will be responsible for managing the maintenance team who are responsible for ensuring plant operations has the ability to meet customer’s expectations by leading maintenance systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process, and executing long term strategic plans. The successful candidate must have strong oral and communication skills to effectively interact with other team members including managers in different areas of the organization, and present findings to management, contractors and service providers.
The Maintenance Manager role is for an individual with a proven background of continuous improvement, the experience and ability to lead a department to a consistently higher standard with a strong knowledge of engineering concepts and mechanical systems. This individual will also need to possess a solid understanding of electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic systems, along with a competent level of millwork skills. The successful candidate must be well-versed in all maintenance processes, health and safety regulations, and demonstrate an aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting, etc. with the goal of ensuring that the company’s equipment and facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support our Client’s business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Carry out inspections of the equipment and facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems to ensure functionality.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
- Allocate workload and supervise maintenance team members.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Ensure health and safety policies are in compliance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Degree from Vocational School or BSc/BA in Facility Management is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience as a maintenance manager or similar managerial role.
- Experience in planning and scheduling maintenance operations.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of pneumatics and a level of millwork skills.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must pass a background check and drug screen.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Effective written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.