Metal Manufacturing Operation Looks to Hire President
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a President of a small metal fabrication facility in the Northeast. The President will focus on opportunities to improve productivity and lead the business to the next professional level. To do so, the President will oversee the preparation of operating budgets and lead the company in the facilitation of programs and policies, controlling inventory, managing logistics, and supervising and developing the executive leadership team in assigned areas of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Leading the Company in meeting its growth and development targets.
- Developing annual operating budgets, and maintaining overall responsibility and accountability for the Company’s financial results.
- Interacting proactively with the rest of Senior Management to gain context and valuable information about the Company’s ongoing business and processes.
- Developing a strong leadership image and positive reputation by interfacing directly with employees (both formally and informally) through meetings and extensive one-on-one contacts that encourage open communications.
- Leading, guiding, and developing an employee organization through effective hiring, supervision, and performance evaluation techniques.
- Providing consistent direction and establishing rules, procedures, and work schedules to ensure the efficiency of the operation.
- Establishing a work environment that engenders positive energy, creativity, and teamwork among employees.
- Providing insight and direction in production management, plant layout, capital asset deployment, purchasing, inventory management, and cost control to profitably leverage Company assets to further expand current business, attract new customers, and optimize on current production capacity.
- Assuming responsibility for handling the variety of issues that arise with customers, production scheduling, shipments, employees, risk management, etc., with a focus on both resolution and prevention.
- Incorporating the most efficient use of technology and information systems through which the Company can maintain a competitive advantage in manufacturing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4-year degree in engineering or technical field required; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in the management of manufacturing functions.
- Metal fabrication, machining, and/or tool production shop floor background
- Six Sigma, 5S, LEAN manufacturing training and certification preferred
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong communication, organizational, and management skills.
- Intimate familiarity with MS Office and high quality MRP Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of precision manufacturing of value-added products. Understanding of reverse engineering would be a benefit.
- Ability to fully coordinate all efforts with other people, both above and below on the corporate chart.
- Problem-solving expertise.
- Proven track record of success in managing quality-focused lean manufacturing processes and developing strong net profit margins.
- High integrity
- Desire to learn
- Innovative, with a strong interest in new product development
- Strong commitment to budgetary limitations
- Modestly self-confident
- Detail-oriented; disciplined thinker
- Committed to excellence
- Willing to work to earn the respect of the team
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.