National Account Manager Needed for Home Improvement Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a National Account Manager (NAM) for a home improvement manufacturer in the Southeast. Our Client is looking for a National Account Manager with specific experience managing relationships with The Home Depot. The NAM will take responsibility for all activities for specific segments of business surrounding customer relationship with National Retail Channel partners. Additional areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to, current program analysis, product line reviews, driving growth and quality of earnings, and customer presentations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The National Account Manager will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Developing and managing strong working relationships with key merchandising staff at National Account customers.
- Working closely with Key National Account merchandising teams to drive sustainable sales increases to meet company projected revenue and profit growth objectives.
- Achieving profitable placement of New Product introductions.
- Creating, managing, and executing annual promotional and advertising plans with key National Accounts within budgeted levels.
- Working collaboratively to ensure customer service and support is at its highest level.
- Developing and communicating a strategy to grow market share and customer base consistent with Business Plan, which should include resource needs, agency goals, and budget/profitability details.
- Collaborating and positively communicating with Sr. Director of Sales and VP of Sales & Marketing, as well as cross-functionally with Marketing and Operations, to ensure the best representation to the customer.
- Ensuring sales efforts are focused on share gain, profit improvement, and contribution margin goals, while staying consistent with the strategic plan objectives.
- Managing DTS inventory programs.
- Developing and managing account and channel specific tracking/reporting and communicating ongoing results cross-functionally; providing analysis and direction of product mix within the channel.
- Supporting product development and launch by:
- Providing insight and input regarding customer priorities and product needs;
- Identifying the most appropriate targets among segment customers; and
- Providing thoughtful input into demand planning for new product and replenishment prior to the season.
- Sharing knowledge and ensuring alignment to create a competitive advantage.
- Ensuring proper pricing strategy exists in light of all strategic distribution channels and customers; managing channel and customer conflict issues effectively.
- Developing revenue budgets/plans that add value and accomplish business objectives.
- Ensuring areas and/or projects managed directly are operating within budget and time guidelines.
Education & Experience
The qualified candidate for National Account Manager must meet the following education and experience requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in business or related field.
- Five to seven years of National Sales experience, with at least three years of direct account management responsibility.
- Experience managing account relationships with The Home Depot is required.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Must be willing to travel 20% nationally, with easy access to corporate headquarters in the Southeast, as well as to geographies where the company operates.
- Must be a strong fit with the organization’s core corporate values.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.