National Building Products Manufacturer Looks to Hire Western Regional Territory Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Western Regional Territory Manager for a national building products manufacturer. Our Client is looking for a motivated, results-driven individual to lead the sales effort in its 12-state Western Region. The successful candidate will understand what motivates customers to buy and will know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way. The Western Regional Territory Manager will be responsible for both house accounts and for leading an experienced team of independent Sales Agents in marketing our Client’s products to the hardware channel (Ace, TrueValue, Do It Best, independents, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the independent agency team and manage the sales program accordingly.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to capture key demographics.
- Adjust content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focus sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submit orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; and making recommendations to management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 2+years’ B2B sales experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications, including:
- Customer Service
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Closing Skills
- Territory Management
- Prospecting Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Client Relationships
- Motivation for Sales
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Able to travel up to two weeks per month
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.