National Canvassing Director Needed for Leading Window Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a National Canvassing Director for a leading manufacturer of windows, doors, and sunrooms. Our Client, a private $250 million company, prides itself on its quality products and outstanding customer service. The National Canvassing Director will be based in Cincinnati, Ohio, and will be responsible for developing and leading the Company’s national door-to-door canvassing program. In particular, the purpose of this position will be to standardize our Client’s canvassing program on a national basis and will involve recruiting, hiring, and developing effective door-to-door teams across the country.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Driving door-to-door lead generation through the use of local canvassing teams and in a cost effective manner.
- Implementing canvassing program on a nationwide basis by traveling to affiliate locations and recruiting, hiring, training, and developing local canvassing teams.
- Managing affiliate canvassing managers, providing motivation and coaching to help teams reach goals.
- Developing standardized training for new canvassing team members.
- Building metrics to measure success of canvassing program.
- Cultivating strong relationship with Senior Manager and Division Managers, and ensuring open communication about the performance of the canvassing program.
- Personally conducting canvassing activities along with the team.
Education & Experience Requirements
- College degree preferred (or equivalent work experience).
- 3+ years experience managing a door-to-door sales team and experience developing a national canvassing effort.
- Proven track record of lead generation and sales growth.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to hire top talent, and effectively train and coach team members.
- Excellent training and coaching skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to travel by vehicle and plane up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to walk/stand for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Able to work standard retail hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.