National Hardware Manufacturer Looks to Hire Channel Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Channel Manager—Hardware for a leading national hardware manufacturer in the greater Indianapolis, IN area. The primary purpose of this position is the development of marketing strategies, tools, and tactics to drive growth and profitability within the Hardware Channel (Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menard’s, Ace Hardware, etc.). Accountabilities include establishing the overall marketing plan, leading the execution of tactics, engaging with key customers, and collaborating with the sales team to drive results in the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Gap identification through key market research and in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape.
- Lead product category decisions with relevant financial understanding including product line profitability.
- Development of business and marketing plans for current and new products, including pricing strategy, market positioning, sales plan, and implementation.
- Focus efforts toward a holistic marketing approach through brand packaging and web presence.
- Analyze internal business reports to help evaluate product lifecycle.
- Set price retails and margin expectations for all current and new products.
- Act as a key customer interface, which may include: attending sales calls with sales managers/reps, creation of presentation materials (power point, planogram, and customer solutions), etc.
- Marketing as it ties back to product line profitability.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing.
- 3-5 years of product/channel management within the hardware/home improvement industry working with retailers such as Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware, or the like. **Candidates lacking this requirement will not be considered.**
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Balance the strategic with the tactical.
- Assertive and possessing the ability to follow through.
- Ability to dissect and solve problems.
- Effectively work with cross functional teams such as sales, product development and operations.
- Team player who is eager to learn and grow within the company.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.