National LBM Dealer Looks to Hire Regional Installed Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Regional Installed Manager (RIM) for a national building materials dealer in the Southeast. The RIM will be charged with the growth, quality, and profitability of installed programs within the region and will oversee multiple Area Installed Managers (AIMs) within a division.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Regional Installed Manager will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Conducting market research when a new program is considered.
- Recruiting, interviewing, and hiring Installed Manager candidates.
- Establishing the training agenda for new Installed Managers, either by conducting the training himself or herself, or by delegating training to company specialists.
- Performing sales training in specific stores or areas to provide salespeople with the information unique and crucial to that installed category; creating and scheduling sales presentations when outside presenters are required.
- Creating and maintaining a division-wide sales agenda that will include sales tasks for the RIM himself or herself, as well as for Installed Managers and AIMs, and that will incorporate specific salespeople and customers.
- Performing audits of the true profitability of the company’s installed programs; teaching pricing parameters.
- Scheduling monthly meetings with AIMs to review area installed programs; performing P&L reviews with AIMs and/or individual installed managers.
- Participating in monthly staffing reviews and making changes to staffing levels, as required.
- Performing scheduled AIM and installed manager evaluations; creating an improvement agenda and tracking status.
- Auditing adherence to company and OSHA standards; creating a material and training agenda to make required changes for programs found to be in substandard safety positions.
- Participating in contract negotiations within the division; ensuring credit is verified and contract is fully executed prior to job commencement.
- Auditing invoicing practices to ensure that all products and services properly track to the P&L; creating an agenda and scheduling training, as required.
- Performing field audits centered on installed sales standards and practices.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.