North American Manufacturer Looks to Hire Senior Supply Chain Leader
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Senior Supply Chain Leader (title will be commensurate with experience level) for a leading North American manufacturer based in the Southeast. The position will involve developing and executing strategic and annual operating plans focused on enhancing value through profitable growth in both existing and new markets and customer bases. The Senior Supply Chain Leader will develop, broaden, and execute the strategic plan and vision for the future.
Industry: Hardware | Sector: Manufacturing & Distribution | Reports to: President Location: SE
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Supply Chain Leader will be responsible for the following:
- Directing the sourcing of raw materials, utilities, and outside services, as well as leading global procurement efforts with a concentrated focus on Asia.
- Ownership for sourcing components and products, and developing sourcing strategies.
- Ensuring alignment and integration across multiple disciplines (Research & Development, Sales and Marketing, Operations) as it relates to the sourcing process.
- Identifying new processes and enhancing existing processes designed to promote strategic delivery.
- Driving productivity/cost reductions.
- Ensuring the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership (inventory turns, freight costs, freight and duty recovery, and internal-external logistics costs).
- Assuming overall responsibility for budgets and forecasts for sourcing, supply chain, and distribution/logistics expenses, inventory levels, cost of goods, and capital expenditures.
- Assuming overall responsibility for accurate forecasting of all product lines by driving S&OP process.
- Remaining abreast of current trends and developments.
- Establishing and maintaining continual communications across the organization.
- Providing ongoing leadership and development of the team through coaching, training, development opportunities and reviews.
- Assuming full P&L responsibility.
Education & Experience
The Senior Supply Chain Leader must meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Management, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in global sourcing, supply chain, and distribution/logistics management (combined – in industry).
- Knowledge of two-step distribution, mass merchant and specialty retailing.
Other Skills & Abilities
The Senior Supply Chain Leader must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Proven track record of effective management.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Advanced technical knowledge and familiarity with one or more leading MRP/ERP systems.
- Strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Superior teamwork skills.
- Ability to plan and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Sound judgment/problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Organizational agility/ability to accomplish things done through others.
- Ability to travel 40-50%, both domestically and internationally.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.