Organic Garden Products Manufacturer Seeks Retail Program Analyst
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Retail Program Analyst for a family-owned organic garden products manufacturer in Atlanta, GA. Our Client is dedicated to helping customers grow beautiful gardens organically by developing and promoting healthy soils and fertilizers. To help achieve this goal, the Company is looking to grow its team with individuals who are passionate and excited to roll up their sleeves and do some meaningful good for both its customers and the environment. Our Client highly values its employees, creative thinking, and the overarching goal to help customers improve their yards and communities.
Reporting to the National Account Manager for The Home Depot, the Retail Program Analyst will be responsible for utilizing customer shipment data, sales data, and market information. He or she will also be tasked with identifying and evaluating relevant business trends. Importantly, this role necessarily requires a person with the innate curiosity and courage to ask “why,” as well as the technical research skills to manipulate data and draw relevant conclusions. Responsible for managing the ongoing measurement and reporting of identified key metrics, the Retail Program Analyst must be able to integrate technical spreadsheet data with real world sales and customer feedback to discern trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Responsible for prompt & accurate generation of all weekly POS reporting, as well as weekly analysis of data, and publishing to Sales, Forecasting, and Management.
- Responsible in-season for daily generation of Special Order Quantity (SOQ) reports to National Account Manager and Field Sales to appropriately manage inventories in stores, nationally.
- Collaboration directly with Home Depot Inventory Analyst to ensure appropriate inventory levels nationally.
- Work daily with the Company’s Customer Service, National Account Manager, and Home Depot Inventory & Order Replenishment teams to address issues relating to outstanding orders, order changes, orders needed, etc.
- Support National Account Manager in generation of occasional Host Orders as necessary, either on a regional or national basis, particularly at beginning of season and in advance of any ads, etc.
- Ongoing evaluation and management of store level inventories (by store and region) to ensure appropriate levels of in-stock inventories depending upon time of year and physical location.
- Responsible for accuracy of The Home Depot item data maintenance (IDM) and product assortments and planograms nationally; responsible for regular review & adjustments to Home Depot’s 560 & 531 reports.
- Perform individual SKU & program analysis regionally and as directed to identify product or assortment opportunities and weaknesses.
- Work with HomeDepotLink and LowesDart portals to maintain accurate item, vendor, and program data.
- Oversee Field Sales reporting system, evaluate Field Sales results versus objectives, and publish reports as needed.
- Promote open lines of communication across all departments.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field.
- 2-3 years related experience is strongly preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel is mandatory; proficiency with Microsoft Access is highly desirable.
- Experience marketing/selling in the horticulture industry
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-directed and data driven in decision-making.
- Highly collaborative personality capable of working cross-functionally with all departments.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong fit with the Company’s core values.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.