Pneumatic Tool Manufacturer Seeks General Manager
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a General Manager for a leading manufacturer of pneumatic tools in Carson City, Nevada. Reporting directly to the parent company, the General Manager will lead the engineering and product development efforts, as well as work with production to manufacture products cost-effectively while adhering to strict quality standards. The position will oversee all functions at the facility including manufacturing, engineering, product design, and customer service. When necessary, the GM will meet with customers to address issues and gain insight into opportunities for additional products. These responsibilities will require a high degree of communication, organization, problem-solving, and management skills that will be used to work with individuals across multiple levels and departments. Knowledge in the use of Solid Works, as well as precision engineering and manufacturing is also highly valued in this job. The qualified candidate must possess high integrity and a desire to learn, and be a detail-oriented and disciplined leader committed to excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Work with and lead people across multiple levels and departments within the company.
- Maintain a proactive interface with the sales team and customers to provide product solutions for specific requirements.
- Lead product development efforts with engineering and provide new product information to sales and customer service.
- Support manufacturing with collaborative effort to solve challenges, improve efficiencies, and meet production schedules.
- Assure that appropriate quality documentation, design standards, and material specifications are developed to support current and future product development.
- Monitor industrial and technological changes in order to identify potential product improvement and/or cost reduction opportunities.
- Contribute to and provide input during the financial planning process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Advanced degree (preferred).
- Ability to read financial statements.
- A minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience.
- A minimum of 5 years in product development and or applications engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of departmental management experience.
- Product development engineering experience from concept to market (preferred).
- Pneumatic tool or power tool experience (preferred).
- Aerospace industry experience (preferred).
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong communication, organizational, and management skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office and high quality MRP Systems.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the use of Solid Works.
- Thorough knowledge of precision engineering and manufacturing of value-added products.
- Ability to fully coordinate all efforts with other people, both above and below on the corporate chart.
- Problem-solving expertise.
- Proven track record of success in managing quality-focused manufacturing processes.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.