Regional Manager Needed for Industrial Tool Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Western Regional Manager for a leading manufacturer of industrial tools in Southern California. Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, the Western Regional Manager will lead the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies for all company products with major distributors throughout the Western US. The qualified individual must have solid leadership skills in order to increase sales and market share throughout the region. In particular, the Regional Manager will be responsible for working with sales reps and distributors’ sales teams as well as developing relationships in order to raise awareness of the company’s products and programs that are supported by its distribution partners. The Western Regional Manager must also be able to maintain continued interface with existing and potential customers as well as major supply distributors. In order to support business development initiatives, this position will include responsibility for providing input back to company leadership with respect to market penetration, product development, and competitive positioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the key contractor supply distributors in the market, working closely with them to develop sales strategies to deliver effective programs to their end-users.
- Focus on existing and potential distributors with national distribution capabilities.
- Establish training programs and implement as necessary to lead, guide, and direct sales efforts with both rep groups and distributor sales teams.
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships at all levels.
- Establish strategic sales plan to develop and grow the company’s market share with the key contractor suppliers and industrial distributors, as well as with major end-users in the Western region.
- Develop and evaluate the product value propositions for targeted end-users and define sales strategies with trade channel partners to ensure successful program development.
- Encourage and train sales reps where required in all aspects of end-user sales calls to include prioritization, planning, identifying key decision makers, potential sales dollar volume analysis, problem solving, partnering with appropriate distributor sales personnel, and follow-up.
- Recommend marketing strategies to ensure effective communications with the universe of decision-makers and influencers in the targeted markets.
- Stay on top of competitive activity and report details of new developments
- Represent the company at major trade shows throughout the year
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of sales management experience with a manufacturer of tools or fasteners, or with contractor supply and/or industrial distributors is required.
- Experience with distributors with national distribution, and/or distribution into Canada or Mexico is preferred.
- Documented experience in managing a sales team or manufacturer sales reps, selling to contractor supply and/or industrial distributors, is required.
- Must have expertise and proficiency with basic MS Office software, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Organized, strategic thinker with strong work ethic and professional demeanor.
- High sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm balanced with a disciplined approach to decision making.
- Ability to be productive and self-starting in long periods of unsupervised work activity.
- Resourcefulness and confidence with locating and developing new business opportunities.
- Experienced sales professional and strong communicator with the ability to train sales reps and distributor sales teams.
- Competent in achieving defined goals in a smaller company environment with limited resources.
- Ability to travel domestically a minimum of 50% to build market share and brand awareness and preference at the end-user level.
- Good planning skills relative to maximizing travel productivity and minimizing travel expenses.
- Strong personal moral and ethical standards.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.