Regional Sales Manager Needed for Building Products Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager in Indianapolis for a global building products manufacturer serving the industrial and construction industries. Our Client prides itself on its exciting and uplifting work environment, as well as its commitment to promoting a dynamic corporate culture.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing sales of the Company’s products and services within a defined geographical area. In this position, the Regional Sales Manager will also work to ensure consistent and profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment, and management of direct report sales personnel. This position is the first line of management and the closest to field-level operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Regional Sales Manager will be tasked with the following:
- Overseeing, participating in, and coordinating sales efforts throughout the assigned territory, consisting of MI, IN, IL, OH & KY.
- Identifying objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
- Working with independent representatives in the field to manage and direct sales.
- Working with roofers, distributors (1- & 2-step), and architects to pull end-user business through the channel.
- Understanding, profiling, and defining needs of the marketplace, and applying the program accordingly and effectively.
- Bringing innovative ideas and an enthusiastic approach to converting professionals to company products.
- Hiring, evaluating, motivating, and measuring independent representatives in the assigned territory.
- Creatively charting new business via new segments, customers, and products.
- Meeting with customers and contractors to offer training and product knowledge, and to close sales.
- Constantly communicating with purchasing departments to maintain sales and drive new positions.
- Continually pushing for better market penetration at the distribution and contractor levels.
- Attending monthly company operations meetings and attending annual sales conferences.
- Traveling and scheduling time to reflect most efficient use of time vs. needs of territory
- Attending/coordinating local, regional, and national trade shows.
Education & Experience Requirements:
The qualified candidate for Regional Sales Manager must meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma with equivalent level of mathematics, writing, English and communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of previous work experience in related materials and businesses.
- Minimum of 3 years working autonomously with extensive travel & schedule experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other CRM software.
- Working knowledge of various building materials and installation applications.
- Physically fit, as necessary to perform essential job functions, with the ability to work in various industrial areas and building sites (including working on residential and commercial roofs) and to travel on short notice under reasonable travel accommodations.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel and work in the assigned geographical territory and spend multiple nights a week away from home as required.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to coordinate and organize individual activities, as well as those of potential teammates.
- Ability to inspire and motivate selling and technical teams, and work within the prioritized parameters of a multinational organization.
- Motivated by developing a business, and capable of working independently.
The following qualifications are strongly preferred:
- Minimum of 7 years of previous work experience in a “like” position with B2B companies.
- Minimum of 5 years working autonomously with extensive travel and schedule experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related technical/management area.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French.
- Experience & training in sales management to inspire and motivate selling and technical teams and work within the prioritized parameters of a multinational organization.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.