Senior Territory Sales Manager Needed for Building Products Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Senior Territory Sales Manager for a leading manufacturer and distributor of building products in Seattle. Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the Senior Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for supporting a number of the largest, most complex territory accounts ($250M+) and for maintaining and driving new business within the Seattle market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Leading all sales and account/planning, forecasting, reporting, management efforts for assigned accounts within territory.
- Understanding, assessing, and anticipating customers’ objectives, strategies, and requirements to identify and pursue sales opportunities.
- Acquiring new customers to maximize supply center revenue.
- Taking responsibility for escalated customer service issue follow-up (though not serving as the primary contact point for issue resolution).
- Working closely with supply center and corporate resource to have them enter & fulfill orders
- Exhibiting strong knowledge of the company’s sales process and policies (e.g., accruals, credit, expenses, rewards)
- Acting as a mentor for Territory Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Bringing expert core product specification knowledge, application, and value to the customer.
- Understanding necessary building codes and how they impact company products.
- Reading blueprints and understanding take-off capabilities for core products.
- Selling remodeling, new construction, project work, and ISS.
- Exhibiting proficiency in accurately and professionally demonstrating all core products to small and large groups.
- Justifying and negotiating correct market value pricing for the assigned territory.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- College degree is required.
- Successful sales history with 5+ years of building materials outside sales experience (at least $3M total territory management experience).
- Proven experience in new business selling, upselling, and selling to dealers / contractors.
- Familiar with new construction/light commercial building needs in addition to remodeling & renovation
- Mastery of core building material products (specifically windows & siding) for both single and multi-family applications
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-directed, highly organized, customer-focused, detail-oriented, and competitive.
- Must be able to work with builders and architects to create bigger ticket sales.
- Strong delegation skills; must have the ability to work with others; must be able to leverage resources; and must be a team player
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (specifically PowerPoint & Excel).
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.