Service Tech Lead Needed for Home Improvement Company
[POSITION FILLED] TalentID, a division of Schaffer Associates, is recruiting for a Service Tech Lead for a leading provider of entry door and garage systems in the greater New York City area. Our Client specializes in using technology, professional processes, and expertise for its services and systems to help customers enhance the beauty, value, and accessibility of their homes.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who sees themselves as personable, well-groomed, and a person who can diagnose a problem and develop an on-the-spot solution. For this position, our Client is looking for a reliable service technician with residential service and construction maintenance experience. In particular, the Service Tech Lead will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing problems with garage doors and garage door openers. The qualified candidate will be a hard-working, motivated individual. All training and certifications are paid for, and our Client is proud to offer an excellent compensation package including medical and dental benefits.
Basic Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate and explain repairs required to home owners
- Ability to measure garage and entry door openings
- Entrepreneurial mindset, interested in growing to a crew lead or manager within two to five years.
- Reliable, excellent work ethic, proactive, and goal-oriented
- Team player who is interested in training others
- Passionate about his or her technical work and delivering exceptional results
- Utilizes “best safety practices” when using power and hand tools
- Ability to work comfortably on extension ladders
- Polished interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent customer service abilities
- Ability to do basic math, measurements, read and write job instructions
- Ability to use tablet and applications for paperless system
- Ability to influence others
- Aptitude for technical/home improvements
- Home improvement industry or related experience
- Garage door installation or relevant construction experience
- Mechanically inclined with demonstrated ability to diagnose and fix
- Sales or relevant experience of at least three years, but preferably between six and ten years of experiences.
- Valid DL; insurable; bondable
- Employment contingent upon successful passage of drug screen
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.