Territory Manager Needed for National Distributor of Flooring & Countertop Products
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Territory Manager – Hard Surface Flooring/Hardscape in Boston. Our Client has a 40 year history as a leading nationwide distributor of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products. The Company maintains distribution centers across the United States and Canada, and their product line includes natural stone products imported from over 36 countries on six continents. As a leading importer of natural stone, our Client carries an extensive offering of porcelain, ceramic, glass and quartz products. The Company maintains an inventory of over 75 million square feet.
The Territory Manager position is an outside sales role that will involve calling directly on flooring tile dealers, showrooms, and distributors. This represents a fantastic opportunity with a growing company with a national footprint. The position offers an attractive compensation package with great earning potential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
- Develop relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
- Assist customers by providing knowledge and training on company products to ensure that store personnel is able to present the product and negotiate well with consumers
- Understand the clients’ products and market competition, and how to position products to overcome the competition
- Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
- Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
- Quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales contracts for customer orders
- Estimate dates of delivery to customers based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules
- Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current and potential customers
- Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures, and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
- Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information
- Investigate and resolve customer claims or problems with deliveries, returns, and credits
- Attend trade shows throughout the year, as required
- Travel 40% – 80% locally, with occasional national and/or international travel
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Education & Experience
The qualified candidate must meet the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in channel distribution sales
- Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license.
Other Skills & Abilities
The candidate must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills (bilingual in Spanish a plus)
- High level of customer service
- Good organizational skills
Our Client offers Competitive Salary and Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, and 401k.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.