Water Purity Principal Engineer Needed for Kitchen & Bath Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Water Purity Principal Engineer for a highly respected manufacturer within the kitchen and bath sector. Located in the Greater Chicago area, our Client is looking for a high energy, team-oriented R&D subject matter expert to fill this newly created role within the organization. As such, the individual filling this role will have the opportunity to plow new ground and grow with this fantastic company. The Water Purity Principal Engineer will be responsible for identifying new water purity technologies and demonstrating opportunities via prototyping and proof of concept demonstrations. He or she will work closely with the Product Management team to communicate technology opportunities as well as to support current product inquiries regarding subject matter. He or she will also work on creating key partnerships with vendors, industry societies, universities and potential partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Develop and execute technology/application roadmap, and determine where to focus development direction.
- Work closely with Product Management, Product Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain teams properly ensuring technology alignment.
- Build, manage, and participate key relationships with industry societies, vendors, and potential partners.
- Effectively communicate technology vision to executives and cross functional teams including non- technical members.
- Develop and demonstrate new technology opportunities via prototyping and proof of concept demonstrations.
- Serve as technical expert to the business for respective subject.
- Manage several concurrent projects.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Science, or its equivalent required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ application engineering experience designing drinking water treatment systems required.
- 10+ years’ experience in product management or engineering essential.
- Strong business acumen a must.
- Experience working with mechanical filter housings.
- Successful track record in project leadership. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration & communication (verbal, written, and presentational) skills a must.
- Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute.
- Strong design background is preferred.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.