Wholesale Hardware Distributor Seeks Retail District Manager for Southwest Market
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Retail District Manager for a leading distributor of hardware, garden, and household products. Our Client is looking for a top-notch, creative self-starter who can help the organization become the distributor of choice in the Dallas/Austin market. The ideal candidate will be an extremely talented professional who is looking for his or her next challenging opportunity. For more information, contact Mike Briles at (704) 535-9939 or Mike@SchafferAssociates.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Retail District Manager will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Providing superior sales representation to a solid base of customers who are extremely loyal and have tremendous incentives to remain active/loyal customers.
- Mastering each category’s product selection, understanding unique benefits and selling features, and effectively communicating this information to current and prospective customers.
- Achieving profitable sales growth at the customer and regional level.
- Bringing in new dealers from the Hardware, General Merchandise, and Industrial channels
- Maintaining a strong sales presence in the assigned territory with current customers and prospects, and promoting the company’s marketing strategy in order to increase business with current accounts.
- Developing and implementing an annual sales forecast for the assigned territory.
- Managing his/her schedule and appointments.
- Traveling during the workweek and on weekends as required.
- Abiding by deadlines for projects requested.
- Communicating successfully with other team members, management, and leaders in the industry.
Education & Experience
The qualified candidate must meet the following education and experience requirements:
- High school diploma, or equivalent acceptable. Strong preference is given to college graduates.
- Sales experience in hardware, home improvement, or industrial distribution.
- Previous experience working in an off-site environment: maintaining work travel schedule, prioritizing job responsibilities, and working independently.
- Excellent computer skills (including experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel), strong written and verbal communications skills, basic mathematics skills, and understanding of accounting principles.
Our Client is actively looking for an individual who:
- Has a strong commitment to participating in a team environment;
- Is motivated by working in a fast-paced, high pressure, get-it-done on-time and every-time environment;
- Understands the benefits and rewards of a successful sales career;
- Enjoys building the customer relationship and developing it into a partnership;
- Seeks the freedom and flexibility that comes from being in charge of his or her own territory;
- Desires a sales position with unlimited up-side earning potential, frequent opportunities for sales bonuses, and other performance based earnings opportunities;
- Has effective communication skills, solid business acumen, good planning and strategic-thinking skills, and a solution-oriented approach; and
- Is able to sell a wide array of products.
Bilingual is a plus, but not mandatory.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.