Director of Manufacturing Needed for Building Materials Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Manufacturing for a building materials manufacturer in the Southeast. The Director of Manufacturing is a senior role that guides and manages the overall manufacturing operation; including overseeing the production of goods and the provision of services providing customers with a top quality, cost competitive, environmentally friendly product in a safe and timely manner. The operations manager has a broad role, with specific responsibilities that will vary as the need arises, but generally includes monitoring and analyzing the current system of production and quality to ensure its effectiveness and implementing a strategy for continual improvement as required. This is a vital role in the company managing day-to-day activities, productivity, on-time-delivery of product, analyzing statistics and reading/writing reports. This key role must also drive a high level of positive culture, liaising with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization; presenting findings to management and owners as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring staff performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Planning, controlling and implementing positive change.
- Managing quality assurance programs.
- Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
- Managing overall production and shipping cost associated with company’s profitability.
- Overseeing inventory, distribution of finish goods.
- Safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Committed to ongoing personal development.
- Ensure that all product is manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements to meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Chalking out or improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs.
- Recruit, retain, train, supervise and evaluate human resources needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, or eight years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in manufacturing management in a leadership position.
- Strong understanding of the manufacturing process, and continuous improvement activities.
- Lean Manufacturing experience and background certification is a plus
- Excellent communication, leadership and planning skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must pass a background check and drug screen
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong customer focus
- Strong person-centric focus
- Passion for developing direct reports and others
- Hands-on leadership approach
- Strategic planning capabilities
- Drive for results
- High integrity
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.