Director of Sales Needed for Leading Industry Distribution Company
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Director of Sales for a leading distributor serving the automotive industry as well as a variety of other industry sectors. Based in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Sales will be responsible for the leadership and direction of the National Sales organization and the National Account team and for business development activities designed to achieve revenue, margin and market share goals nationally for all product categories.
Working in conjunction with the Director of Operations and the Regional Managers reporting to him or her, this position is charged with the development and execution of revenue plans and sales strategies in support of annual and long-range goals. Additionally, this individual will hold primary responsibility for maintaining a high customer satisfaction level with all company customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Develops and executes annual sales and department budget plans for each Company product line, provides accurate sales forecast information, and analyzes/evaluates effectiveness of sales strategies against budgetary objectives.
- Manages key customer relationships, directing National Sales and National Account teams in the implementation of programs with corporate accounts, distributor groups, automotive shops and dealers, and lawn & garden/specialty vehicle accounts.
- Develops strategic plan for business development for each channel of distribution and directs and participates in the implementation of the plan to maximize on the opportunities.
- Assures appropriate organizational design, compensation programs, infrastructure and support to efficiently manage customer relationships and carry out sales activities in support of revenue and margin targets.
- Participates as a member of the Company leadership team in the recommendation of policies and procedures to enhance sales, operations, working capital management, and the overall customer experience.
- Represents the Company at trade association and industry meetings to promote the company with strategic partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Communicates regularly with entire sales team to assure awareness of strategies, goals, and issues.
- Ensures that the National Sales and National Account teams are staffed with highly motivated sales professionals who represent the Company’s standards of professionalism, behavior, and ethics and who deliver a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Develops “esprit de corps” and encourages employees to reach their full potential by providing training, opportunity for advancement, and highly visible leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive sales leadership experience, preferably in a multi-location environment, with a strong track record of results.
- History of regular promotion into positions of greater responsibility; preferably now holding a senior leadership role in business-to-business distribution to multiple customer channels
- A demonstrated track record of strategic thinking, positive sales results, and market share improvement in a value-based selling environment.
- Documented history of success in business and new account development.
- Demonstrated capabilities in training and developing a sales team and defining compensation programs for them that provide a solid incentive while optimizing profitability for the employer.
- Experience in automotive aftermarket industry strongly preferred, but consideration will be given to experience in other multi-dimension, business-to-business distribution environments.
- Technologically competent with both standard Office programs and with CRM systems.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.