Home Improvement Retailer Seeks Contractor Sales Manager
Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Contractor Sales Manager for a home improvement retailer in the Pacific Northwest. The Contractor Sales Manager’s focus will be to supply Building Material Solutions to the Professional Contractor with expertise in both Commercial and Residential Construction by providing exceptional customer service and purchasing of building materials while leading the sales team. This individual will be responsible for setting high expectations, motivating through sales by reaching sales and margin goals, and providing structure within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Manages and motivates all Contractor Sales personnel.
- Responsible for buying building materials and commodities for the company.
- Aware of market conditions and pricing.
- Develops and implements marketing and sales plans.
- Develops and holds team accountable for company sales and margin goals.
- Leads key account management and daily sales activities.
- Develops and sells to their own key accounts and is always actively seeking out new opportunities for sales and business growth.
- Builds and maintains effective relations with all customer and company divisions.
- Ensures that the company is the preferred place of business for Pro Customers in the markets the company serves.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing/Management with a combination of 3-5 years of leadership experience (inclusive of servicing, mentoring, coaching and problem-solving) or previous work experience with 3-5 years retail/lumber/building material sales or other sales related experience.
- Extensive experience in Lumber and Building Material sales.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and sales team development skills.
- Experience buying commodities and other building materials.
- Experience selling to large volume accounts and buying groups.
- History of business development success.
- Sales and Management experience required.
- Industrial Sales experience a plus.
- Computer utilization and experience with business software, sales development tools and marketing.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.