LBM Dealer Seeks Branch Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates, is recruiting for a Branch Manager for a leading building materials dealer serving the Midwest and Mountain States regions. Our Client is looking for an individual with experience in store management in the building supply industry with a focus on both the retail consumer and building trades. Based in Cheyenne, WY, and reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this position involves responsibility for all day-to-day operations of the store facility and related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Coordinate and direct store operations by directly supervising sales, yard operations and office functions
- Ensure that the store maintains a positive impact on customers; confer with customers and outside representatives to evaluate and promote possibilities for improved and expanded services in area
- Monitor operations requirements and results, which may include capital expenditure proposals and facility workforce requirements
- Review costs, quality, and inventory programs to maintain profitable operations of the store in support of both the construction trades and the retail consumer
- Formulate marketing strategies, implement plans, and audit results
- Direct coordination of policies and procedures among subordinate personnel to ensure implementation by all employees
- Recommend budgets to management
- Assume complete accountability for profit and loss within the store
- Ensure timely distribution of merchandise within the standards of budget, policies, and quality to satisfy the requirements of the store
- Develop and implement methods to improve productivity within established payroll and expense budgets
- Train and develop supervisors to provide management depth
- Ensure efficient space utilization within the facility
- Develop programs and procedures to increase sales and distribution capacity
- Ensure adherence to procedures, which promote the health and welfare of all associates in the distribution center’s operating departments
- Establish safety programs required by OSHA; ensure compliance of these programs by subordinate supervisors
- Responsible for hiring, training, discipline, and terminations of employees; conducts performance appraisals of employees
- Assign duties to subordinates
- Coordinate activities of store with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise
- Review bills of lading for incoming merchandise and customer orders in order to plan work activities
- Establish operations procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and the management of inventory
- Abide by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies and ensure that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected
- Other duties as may be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in business from a four-year college or university, or equivalent experience
- Administration or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of finance, economics, accounting, personnel, and sales with 2 or more years of sales or other related management experience plus minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external sources.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.