LBM Dealer Seeks Territory Sales Professional
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Territory Sales professional for a leading lumber dealer in Hawaii. Responsible for growing sales in the specific geographic territory, the Territory Sales professional will be tasked with selling building materials, millwork, and other building products to contractors, architects, and homeowners. He or she will also be responsible for capturing new customer sales and promoting products with builders and architects to achieve pull through business. Please note that this position comes with an existing book of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Displays or demonstrates product line.
- Travels with dealer reps to job sites to do product take-offs on site, or according to architect plans.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to the customer.
- Prepares and generates reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works closely with inside sales representatives, buyers and product managers.
- Coordinates and performs customer training.
- Ensures that new customer data and other sales data for current customers are entered into a computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends trade shows.
- Prepares an annual sales budget with guidance from sales management.
- Visits job sites to work with customers on pull through sales opportunities.
- Performs market research on new product opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; ability to apply concepts such as discounts, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Negotiation and product management skills.
- Software skills: Microsoft Suite-Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint (Intermediate and Advanced).
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.