Leading LBM Dealer Looks to Hire Divisional Vice President
March 13, 2019 – Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Divisional Vice President for a leading national LBM dealer. Based in the Mid-Atlantic region and reporting to the Vice President of Store Operations, the Divisional VP will be responsible for increasing sales and profits, while controlling expenses. The Divisional VP will also be responsible for managing area managers and store managers, as well as overseeing store operations. Please note that this position requires a moderate amount of weekly travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Increase sales and profits and control expenses
- Evaluate, prioritize, plan, delegate, administrate and adapt to business needs
- Verify consistent and accurate sales messages in each area
- Ensure sure all stores are properly staffed
- Maximize profits within all channels including professional sales, installed, retail and manufacturing operations
- Network, recruit, assess and hire the qualified sales and management people
- Apply and teach effective selling skills and techniques
- Evaluate, develop and promote high performing associates
- Communicate daily with Area Managers
- Ensure that customer service levels are consistently upgraded
- Set and maintain operational standards
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to increase sales and profitability.
- Proven ability to network, recruit, train, develop, and promote associates.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community; write speeches and articles for publication that conform to a prescribed style and format.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency in Inventory Software, Order Processing System, Human Resource System, Spreadsheet Software, and Word Processing Software.
- Willingness and ability to travel to all stores within an assigned region on a daily basis. Please note that moderate travel is expected for this position – a normal week may include up to three nights away from home.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.