Leading LBM Dealer Looks to Hire Multifamily Framing Project Manager
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Multifamily Framing Project Manager for one of the nation’s leading LBM dealers. The successful candidate will assist in managing new wood framing construction for multimillion dollar, multifamily communities and light commercial projects. In addition, the Project Manager (PM) will serve as the direct supervisor of assigned estimator(s), maintaining responsibility for the solicitation of project documents and information, for ensuring that all necessary information is submitted to the hub estimators, and for supporting team members as well as outside vendors through a functional Request For Proposal (RFP) procedure. During the estimating process, the PM will solicit additional information as necessary from the client on behalf of the estimator or will ensure that the estimator is properly gathering the information on their own accord. The PM is responsible for following up on all outstanding RFPs to ensure the project bid date is hit. This position reports to the Construction Operations Manager and is based in the Atlanta, GA area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Review plans & specs; review material list and compare to job specs; and review scope of work.
- Create proposal with cost of material and labor; review contract with the customer.
- Work with Project Coordinators to put together subcontractor work order / scope of work; develop a project schedule.
- Ensure quality deliverable in the projects without exceeding agreed-upon time frame and budgetary restrictions.
- Work with and report to Commercial Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- Meet daily reporting requirements, involving: job conditions; manpower; work in place vs. schedule; quality control; workplace safety, etc.
- Coordinate material deliveries with production flow.
- work with Project Coordinators to produce pay application to customers; sign off on labor pay applications.
- Approve General Conditions expenditures.
- Manage budget vs. actual expenditures.
- Initiate RFIs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or at least 4 years of specific experience and/or training related to the essential functions of the job; or equivalent combination of education and training
- Experience in Multi-Family wood framing codes and best practices.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive responsibility estimating for the construction industry.
- Experience in contract negotiation with subcontractors and vendors as well as buyout.
- Experience managing a project budget.
- Well-versed in AIA docs and other construction drawing forms.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Proficiency using construction estimating software.
- Knowledgeable in managing subcontractors’ and contractors’ buyouts
- Familiar with accepted building practices including techniques, code requirements, market pricing, and permitting processes.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.