Outside Salesperson Needed for Industrial Contractor Supply Company
June 5, 2019 – Schaffer Associates is recruiting for an Outside Salesperson for a fast-growing industrial contractor supply company, supplying mid- to large-size mechanical contractors in the industrial marketplace. Recently adding branch operations in Columbia, SC, our client is searching for an ambitious salesperson who is interested in building a career with a professional, progressive, and employee-oriented company.
This career position offers large earning potential along with a full benefits package. Based in Columbia, the Outside Salesperson will be responsible for successfully developing and managing customer accounts, primarily in the Carolinas, with the goal of building a strong, productive customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Build a profitable customer base by utilizing existing marketing tools, along with prospecting and network development.
- Continuously meet with customers to actively manage the accounts.
- Negotiate pricing with prospective customers and integrate into the company computer system.
- Reviews all sales, quotes, etc. for customers within the territory.
- Work with the sales management team and local branch manager to service customers.
- Conduct training and information sessions with customers.
- Build weekly itinerary and keep daily call reports.
- Participate in company sponsored training sessions and meetings.
- Must be willing to service customers in emergency situations after hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a construction supply related industry
- Strong sales and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Honesty and integrity are essential
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.