Vice President Needed for LBM Manufacturer
[POSITION FILLED] Schaffer Associates is recruiting for a Vice President for a subsidiary division of a large, privately-held company within the building materials industry. This rapidly growing company produces lumber products, operating several facilities in North Carolina and catering primarily to contractor-based lumberyards throughout the Carolinas and Virginia. This organization owns several companies and divisions within the construction, building materials, and retail sectors.
Reporting to the company President, the Vice President must have experience within the LBM industry, along with strong sales and leadership capabilities as he or she will be overseeing a sales team. The Vice President will be required to relocate to the company’s headquarters in southern Virginia but will be responsible for traveling the territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS:
- Plans, develops, and establishes policies and objectives of business organization in accordance with President of directives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
- Confers with President of company to plan business objectives, to develop organizational policies, to coordinate customer service, purchasing, sales and marketing to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
- Responsible for development and administration of the Company Marketing and Sales Programs.
- Develops the yearly budget for the division with consultation with the President and the sales staff.
- Supervisors the sales organization and monitors their monthly goals and objectives and takes a proactive part in developing relationships with customers.
- Reviews sales, production, quality, inventory reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and develop plans to meet these objectives and to maintain profitability.
- Adhere to strong ethical standard and example to build public relations policies designed to improve company’s image and relations with customers, employees, stockholders, and public.
- Takes ownership in staff development and coaching the sales team, customer service team and purchasing to evaluate their performance and initiate plans to enhance their effectiveness.
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of quality, cost reduction, customer satisfaction and employee relations.
- Takes responsibility to insure the company meets all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Build a strong relationship with top customers
- Manages eight subordinates which include Sales and Marketing Department, Purchase Department and Customer Service Department.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge to read and use Accounting software to analysis profitability
- Use Inventory software to control inventory cost;
- Use Excel spreadsheet software and to communicate to customers and internally using Word Processing software.
This position includes a base salary plus a bonus tied to profitability. The company also offers (ESOP) employee stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and 401(k). Relocation assistance will be provided as necessary.
This job posting is for information purposes only. Nothing herein should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Schaffer Associates is a national management consulting firm specializing in executive search and organizational strategies for the hardware, home improvement, building materials, and consumer products industries. As the premier management consulting firm serving the industry, we help build organizations and leadership teams that foster corporate growth and success well into the future.